Thus Speak Nirmal

Thursday, March 05, 2009

7 things the world doesn't know about me

In continuation to my earlier post on 5 Things the world doesn't know about me some years back, here's an update :)
Here it goes...

1) I have the habit of adding sugar to coconut chutney every time. Well... Sugar + Sambhar also tastes good... It seems a bit weird, but I have always liked the taste :)

2) I have been to the theatre only thrice in my life so far,
Jurassic Park (1994) - with family @ Madras
Jungle Book (1998) - school trip @ Madras
Chak De India (2008) - Team outing @ HP, Bangalore

3) Gulab Jamoon & Rasagulla are the sweets I hate the most. Maybe it is too sweet for my tongue.

4) Chess, the game I love the most. I have represented my school in chess tournaments at Madras. And have always regretted for the lack of exposure I got after moving to Madurai in 1999.

5) I have the habit of treasuring my old stuffs safely. And of course, memories of my Kindergarten days, 11th & 12th tuition classes, the unlimited fun I had while seated at the last bench during my 12th std @ SBOA, 1st day at college, new friends during my college days, campus placements , semester exam scare and the list goes on...

6) Of late, trying to explore the ironies & contradictions in life.
A random thought, X- boy, Y- girl,
Statement 1: X likes Y. X decides not to approach/talk to Y until things get settled. After some years, X happens to meet Y. Then X decides to talk. The Crowd says, X does not even know Y and so no point in talking now.
Statement 2: X likes Y. X decides to approach/talk to Y. Years go by, they get along very well. The Crowd says, how can X do such a thing. X should not have talked with Y in the beginning.
Statement 1 & 2 are ironic.

7) Many people who interact with me become surprised when they come to know that I am a Christian. "Nirmalanand" which means "a person who delights in holiness" literally gives very little hint that I am Christian.

By the way, there is absolutely no significance as to why I have chosen 7 things and not any other number ;-)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mind...Heart....n more.... said...

Having interacted with u for long, i guess i knew most of them....Nevertheless well composed....btw i didnt understand thet X meets Y thing.....Lets discuss abt it in person!!

Fri Mar 06, 02:31:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Nirmalanand said...

Yup... lets see if you have a different perspective to the problem statement.

Fri Mar 06, 02:35:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Senthil said...

X likes Y statement, most of the people will have their own perspective i guess :)

Sat Mar 07, 10:38:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Nirmalanand said...

The highlight here is "Of late, trying to explore the ironies & contradictions in life." and not the other half ;-)

Tue Mar 17, 10:12:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Nirmalanand said...

@Revathy: Ghee + Sugar falls on the sweeter side I guess. Curd + sugar is good and is pretty common in eat-outs @ B'lore.
BTW, ironies & contradictions are universal.

Tue Mar 31, 02:05:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Disclaimer:All opinions expressed here are J.Nirmalanand's personal opinions and do not represent my employer's opinion in any way. No warranties or other guarantees will be offered as to the quality of the opinions or anything else offered here.